I am pleased to outline my CPD programme for 2018. This is the third year of developing training for counsellors and helping professionals, and I am delighted to share the new programme that caters for a variety of levels.
In keeping with my usual style of delivery and content, all workshop material is up to date, informed by current research and theory, and delivered in a manner that is interactive, challenging and provides you with take away knowledge and skills to begin applying to your practice regardless of your level of training and experience.
Introductory Level 1 Training
This training is suitable for anyone working in a counselling or professional caring role in the area of adult mental health. No prior knowledge is required but is suitable also for those with a basic understanding and wanting to refresh their knowledge.
- Understanding Mood Disorders – Friday 16th March 2018
- Introduction to PTSD and Complex Trauma – Friday 20th April 2018
- Introduction to Mindfulness – Friday 8th June 2018
- Self-care: Transformative Practice – Saturday 1st December 2018
- Understanding Complex Grief – Saturday 31st March 2018
Intermediate Level 2 Training
These workshops are suitable for practitioners with foundation skills, experience and knowledge in counselling as their focus is on skills acquisition.
- Stabilisation strategies in working with trauma – phase one approach – Saturday 21st April
- Understanding and facilitating post-traumatic growth – Saturday 6th October 2018
- CBT approaches to Low Self Esteem – Saturday 3rd November 2018
Cost: £55 (discount 5% for previous delegates)
Time: 10am to 4pm
Number of places: 18
Further details on each workshop is available by contacting Jane Simms on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07427634534
* Please note a minimum number of 8 delegates is required to run a workshop and where this is not met, a workshop will be withdrawn.
Places are confirmed upon receipt of payment.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and copy of powerpoint presentation.
Light refreshments included but please note that lunch is NOT provided.
About the facilitator
Dr Jane Simms is an experienced Chartered Psychologist, lecturer and trainer in the area of psychology and counselling. She has many years’ experience in the area of mental health gained through clinical practice, research and teaching. She has designed and delivered a range of workshops and therefore, brings with her a wealth of knowledge, experience and understanding. Her philosophy is simple: high quality and affordable CPD should be available to everyone, delivered in a style that is welcoming, warm and professional, in a setting that is safe, supportive and at the same time sufficiently challenging to stimulate personal and professional growth.